AIM
dan131m

This wil never work! This wil never work!

Needs improvement

You take way too long to get to the point, and when the melody comes in it doesn't quite work. The dissonances are interesting, though, so there's definitely potential here.

Aliens on the Moon Aliens on the Moon

Hmm

It's not perfect, but it's currently rated 0.61/5 which is ridiculous. I gave you a five to balance it out.

Song of Storms (Acoustic) Song of Storms (Acoustic)

This definitely shouldn't be rated so low...

Sounds good.

Soviet National Anthem [8-Bit] Soviet National Anthem [8-Bit]

You're getting there

Looking through your 8-bit submissions, you're showing greater maturity in this style. It's still not on par with the stuff that actually showed up in NES games yet, but you're getting there. Keep working in this genre and you'll do great things.

Storm's over at the beach DEMO Storm's over at the beach DEMO

Samples need upgrade

The music is okay as composed, but the woodwind sample is distractingly awful. See if you can change it to a related instrument sample that sounds a little better, or get someone to record it live, or download some soundfonts. Also it's not presently loopable.

ccc75 responds:

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I didn't realize that. I see if I can find something better.

krachmaninoff-timetoleave krachmaninoff-timetoleave

Leave out the lyrics!

It was sounding good up to that point.

What the heck is this song What the heck is this song

Ouch...

That was on track to be a solid 5/5 until the vocals at the end, which render the entire thing unusable.

Arnas responds:

Cutting in Audacity works.

Watermelon Man (my version) Watermelon Man (my version)

Needs more horns

The trumpet in the beginning doesn't work for some reason, and I think it's because that style of lead playing requires a horn section beneath it to make it work out. Since it seems like you layered most of this anyway maybe you could write up some 2nd - 4th trumpet parts and record them underneath.

sorohanro responds:

not a bad idea, maybe later i will, also i really should record a solo on it
thanx for review

Paper Dragon, wedding version Paper Dragon, wedding version

Awesome

Shows a definite understanding of the genre. The guitar solo deserves much better mixing. Solid trumpet work.

sorohanro responds:

i agree that needs a better mixing, but you really don't want to know on what crap i had do do that ... FAST !!!
thanx for the review